Today I glued up the deck and cabin top braces to the bulkheads. I also cut out a bunch of other stuff for the other hull. Tomorrow I plan on coating each bulkhead with two coats of epoxy. I experimented with adding some designs to the bulkheads. The sun pictured below was added to the bulkhead that splits my bunk in two. I am thinking about possibly putting a sailing quote or two on another bulkhead. Who knows. I like having a little bit of personalization to my hull. We are going to varnish inside the cabin, so it will shine through pretty well, I hope!
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Today Grace and I got the first hull stitched together. It took a little bit longer than expected, but it was well worth it. I'm going to finish the bulkheads on Monday/Tuesday, and then we will be able to finally stitch them all into place. Finally seeing the flat panels expand was a really nice reward today. We left some of the stitches a bit loose, as can be seen in the pictures. Those will be getting tightened up, but for now it's off to Texas Roadhouse for some food!
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Well we haven't updated the blog, because we have been on vacation. Grace has two weeks off of work. We spent the first half of this week sailing Brandon Gamble's tiki 21, Element. Camping out on her provided us a lot of new ideas for our own boat's customization. We had a great time there. Thanks, Brandon!