Friday, July 10, 2015


Kiwi-Grip has been applied. This product is awesome! It was so easy to use, even in 92 degrees with 80% humidity. Needless to say I had a much rougher time sweating my ass off all day than I did applying the stuff. The only negative thing was the cheap tape that I used for a few sections when I ran out of the good stuff. It pulled up two little spots when I pulled the tape, but this stuff is so easy that touching it up will be no problem. I used one liter per hull and have a little left over for future touch ups. The color is light grey. It really made Beto look sharp I think! I'm going to flip the hulls tomorrow and start prepping for topsides and antifouling.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Second coat of deck paint is on and non-skid patterns are drawn out. I am applying Kiwi Grip this evening in a shade of light grey. I'm going to flip the hulls tomorrow evening and start painting the topsides on Saturday in the shade of dark green seen in the photo.

Saturday, July 4, 2015


First coat of paint on the decks. We skipped the nonskid areas, because I am going to be using Kiwi Grip. It makes for a nice 10 foot finish. I did a test patch of the green for the topsides, and I think it's going to look pretty sweet.