Monday, July 8, 2013

Been a while

It's been about a month since I updated last. I've started working a ton on the boat trying to get it finished, and now I plan to start updating much more often, perhaps every couple of days. I am more or less set to have the fore and aft decks going on at the end of this week. I have a few things left to do in both hulls in preparation.


I am doing two coats of Interlux Epoxy Primekote and two coats of Bilgekote in each anchor locker. This should be more than adequate protection against anchor chains and wet rodes and anchors. 
 

Deck space galore!


Two coats of varnish in forward end of berth. I'm varnishing these small compartments ahead of time in preparation for the deck installation. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with a good work boat finish.

 Getting there!
 
 I went ahead and got my shower today at Lowe's for a cheap $14. It will spray a strong mist for over a minute on about six ounces of water. 

I did a delivery across the Gulf of Mexico on a 41' cutter last month. Although some things about a big boat are nice, the ease of handling, small cozy berths, and flat ride of the tiki has me wanting to get it done already!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brad , your Tiki is almost ready to go...see you in sea. Good work.

    ReplyDelete