After sailing on Little Cat, Ali has been begging for a platform in the cockpit. I didn't want to spend $90 a sheet for the three additional sheets of Okoume I'd need, so I decided to go with a slatted deck. A slatted deck will also drain much better if we take a breaker over the deck. I'm using cedar 1x6 boards, so the whole thing is very light but strong. Some rigidity in the cockpit would be a nice change for daily life, especially when it comes to cooking, raising the mast, and sleeping on deck. Today I got the deck fitted to the crossbeams, and all that's left is working out the lateral support system in between.
It was getting dark when I took the photos, so I'll add some more later on.