Friday, May 31, 2013

New Horizons

I have had a lot going on for the past few months, but I went on a three day kayak trip down the Big Black River with my buddy Brennan earlier this week. I built a small pirogue last summer, and Brennan bought it from me. He ended up taking the pirogue on the trip. Seeing a boat that I built functioning, coupled with the wilderness of the Big Black, got the Tiki juices flowing! I had lost sight a bit, I think, of what this boat is being built for, but now I have regained full awareness. I'm working my ass off now to get Beto up and running, so the blog will be getting updated much much more often from now on.


Brennan enjoying his pirogue
 

 
Sanded Starboard Hull Ready for Final Coat of Epoxy in Bilges

 
Starboard Bunks Being Coated

 
Endgrain on Beams is Being Coated to Prep for Top and Bottom Planks

 
Pull Out Bunk Section Supports

 
Soon Both Hulls Will Have Bunks!

 
Experimenting with Bilgekote to See if I'll need a Primer or Not

No comments:

Post a Comment