Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cutting hull parts

Well this morning I ended up running errands for the house. I then got very hot due to the fact that my truck has no a/c. As a result, I spent most of the day at the river swimming around and hanging out. I got a few hours in tonight after I got back, but I stopped cutting around eight o'clock. I don't want to be that guy in the neighborhood keeping everyone up with power tools all night. I got one bow section cut, three out of four butt blocks, and five out of six bulkheads. I cut right outside the line, and tomorrow I will use a belt sander to smooth down all of the cuts right to the pencil line. I also remeasured everything once again before cutting. I measured in five inch increments from the middle of the curve on the bulkheads to make sure both sides were even. I then checked these measurements against the other side of the bulkhead to check for symmetry. I also cut pretty far outside the lines so that I can (safely) get a feel for how aggressive the belt sander is. My wife is returning soon, so I'm getting pretty stoked to have a good bit of work done for her to see upon arrival. I'm also stoked to see her, of course!

   My buddy ended up with obligations tomorrow, so I ended up using a wooden batten bent around nails to draw out the curves of the bulkheads and the hull.

                    There's no better way to end the day than a big ole half gallon of Tang.

No comments:

Post a Comment