Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I put in the glass tape along the keel of the port hull yesterday. Getting the long strips of cloth down in there and wetted out well was a bit of a chore at first. I ended up wetting the cloth out first on some plastic sheathing and then laying it down into the keel. This was much easier than trying to wet it out while bent over the side of the boat. Today I did the first fill coat to fill the rest of the fiberglass weave, and I started filling in the keel of the starboard hull. Tomorrow I will make the full size fillets along the starboard keel.

No comments:

Post a Comment