Thursday, January 24, 2013
Today graced me with exceptionally cold temperatures, and I decided to get all of the wind vane parts cut out. I'm glad I did, because the thing looks really cool! I still have to glue on the arm for the weight and epoxy everything etc etc, but here are some pics of what it looks like right now. I just nailed the 2x4 as a temporary fix at the base of the mount. There will also be a post that the vane stands on, but you can't do everything in one day, so those pictures will have to come later on. I'm stoked about the idea of sitting in my hull under a dodger while the vane steers away with no gripes or complaints. It's going to be awesome.