Monday, May 18, 2015

Today I worked on a lot of little parts and cut a lot of hatch coaming pieces out. I was going to glue up the beam sockets and coamings, but by the time I was done with everything it was late enough to call it a day. Everything will be glued first thing in the AM. I'm really trying to have the decks ready for painting this weekend when my girlfriend is in town, so hopefully it all goes to plan! I'm sorry for the poor quality pictures. My iPhone was lost when our monohull sunk the Dauphin Island Regatta disaster a few weeks go, so I'm working with an el cheap-o for the time being. I'll try to take my tablet with me from now on to get some clearer shots.


Hulls are finally fully glassed. Beams need sanding and epoxy coating.


I'm doing a sliding hatch instead of the standard design as I think it's a little more seaworthy overall.  The opening is 20 inches wide and 25 inches deep. Dodgers will be installed over the hatches to keep spray out and allow some ventilation in the rain. I haven't decided how I'm going to make the dodgers. They will either by wooden battens bent over and glassed or aluminum square tubing welded up. The business next to me is a welding shop, so I'll see what kind of deal I can work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment