Friday, May 29, 2015

Glassing

Yesterday saw a lot of work. I made some fairing compound and faired the small gaps and edges of the thick biaxial to the hull. Then I sanded down all 12 sheer stringer doublers and 2 sets of chainplate knees, glued them on, filleted them, and glassed them in. Following that up I filled the weave on them with some thickened epoxy and filled the weave along the underside of the sheerstringer. Lastly I rolled on one more coat of neat epoxy over the hulls in prep for final sanding on Saturday. I plan to sand the biax fairing, hull-sides, and sheer and knees down to 120 on Saturday, and hopefully will be rolling on some epoxy primer on Sunday! I'm pretty stoked to take a break from the damn hulls today and work on some smaller bits for once.




No comments:

Post a Comment